CargoAi features the air cargo capacity statistics report for May 2023 extracted from the business intelligence tool CargoINTEL using the real-time facts and figures. Read on for the most significant insights and analysis of inter-regional and intra-regional capacity in comparison to the previous month.
- The global air cargo capacity dwells steadily in May 2023, reasserting the stability observed since March this year.
- The overall global outbound capacity registered in May stands at 2903K MT, 2% dip month-on-month as compared to 2949K MT in April. The overall global intra-regional capacity is recorded at 5299K MT which is 5% higher as compared to 5034K MT in April.
- The outbound belly capacity has marginally increased by 2% in April recorded at 1611K MT, whereas the intra-regional belly capacity has hiked by 7% to 3744K MT from 3495K MT.
- The global outbound freighter capacity has reduced by 5% in May to 1292K MT from 1363K MT in April. The intra-regional freighter capacity recorded in May has remained even with April, at 1555K MT.
- The capacity evolution between Europe and North America regions has protracted further in May showing worthy signs of stabilizing flight schedules.
- The overall global capacity in May has increased by about 12% year-on-year.