Updated on August 31, 2021
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time CargoAi decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
The CargoAi Services is operated under the legal jurisdiction of Singapore; and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council) (the "GDPR") and in compliance with other applicable policies, CargoAi is the data controller.
This Policy applies to CargoAi, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us in compliance with applicable regulations. Through the use of these Services, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some information with third parties, but only as described below.
Information We Collect
When you make use of our Services, we may collect and process certain personal data about you which may include the following as described below:
- A. Information You Provide:
“Personal Information" means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data which you may be required to provide when registering for the Service.
Account and Business Data means such data that we collect about you or your business in connection with the creation of an account on our Service. The Account and Business Data we collect may include company/personal names, usernames, phone numbers, email addresses, business location, billing information, your IP address and/or other device-identifying data, and other information required to provide a service or information you have requested from us.
"Anonymous/Aggregated Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect, use and share Anonymous Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as such data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For instance, cargoAi may aggregate or anonymize your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Service feature. However, if CargoAi combines or connects Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, CargoAi treats the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Also, CargoAi does not collect any Special Category of Personal Data about you such as your race or ethnicity, philosophical or religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you can use.
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Service through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- The type of cookies we use can be generally be categorized under one of the four categories below. These are cookies required for our Site's operation and to provide you with the best browsing experience and they fall into the following categories:
- • Essential Cookies (Also known as Necessary Cookies): These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing certain areas of the site and the services that we make available to you. Without these cookies, some services such as our affiliate program and other linked/third-party website activities can’t be provided.
- • Performance/Analytical Cookies: These allow us to gather information about how you make use of the website, recognize and count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This cookie helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. The information we collect using these cookies does not gather information about your identity. All information collected using this cookie is anonymous and is only used to improve how the site works.
- • Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide personalization and enhanced functionality. For instance, they can be used to remember your name and location if you provide this information. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- • Targeting Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to your interests and may limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission. Please note, these cookies do not contain any of your personal information.
- • Social Media Cookies: These cookies enable social media functionality and tracks activities like content sharing with friends and networks on social media.
- ii. Links: The Service or contents made available on the Service may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- iii. Beacons: Beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Service and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ beacons to facilitate Service administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Service, to compile aggregated statistics about Service usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services.
- B. Information automatically collected by third parties about you
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed subscription forms, and emails. CargoAi intends to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
- C. Location Information
When you make use of the CargoAi Services, we may automatically collect approximate location information about you (such as your city and destinations) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the Service is running and when it is not running, depending on the choices you make when you are asked to consent to our collection of location information. The technologies we use to determine your location may include IP address mapping, cell tower position, Wi-Fi position and GPS signals. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Services, for example, to tailor our Services in a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests.
What We Use Your Personal Information For
Generally, CargoAi uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop the services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the CargoAi service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons.
- i. facilitate the creation of and secure your CargoAi account;
- ii. Providing messaging and interactive services, keep and share quotes, reservations, bookings, payment and transportation tracking details on your dashboard;
- iii. identify you as a user of our service and to process and deliver your order such as management of payment, charges that may apply to your use of the Service;
- iv. Personalize your experience with our products and services and we may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our Service and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from us.
- v. send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- vi. Increase and maintain the safety and security of the Services and community and prevent misuse;
- vii. To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the CargoAi Service
- viii. Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- ix. Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- x. Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- xi. To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and to take appropriate action concerning reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content.
- xii. Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
Personal Information That We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Service because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- i. Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers such as our freight partners, airlines, and GSA. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- ii. Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through your use of the Service with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- iii. Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of CargoAi’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- iv. Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through your usage of the CargoAi Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- v. Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- vi. Aggregate Information: We share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties at our discretion.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the CargoAi Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the CargoAi Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the CargoAi Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- i. If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- ii. Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- iii. Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Data Protection laws grants you certain rights ('information rights') which provide you with:
- i. Right of access and of data portability - you have the right of access to the information we hold about or concerning you and/or to have it transferred to another data controller in some circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ii. Right of rectification or erasure - if you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will/shall take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared your data about your request for erasure.
- iii. Right to restriction of processing - you have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we don't need to hold your data anymore but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
- iv. Right to object - you have a right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- v. Right to Withdraw Consent - you have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent. To withdraw consent, please specify what you wish to withdraw consent for, by emailing email@example.com.
- vi. Right of Complaint - if you are unhappy with the way we have used or are handling your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Supervisory Authority. so, please contact us in the first instance by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping Your Data Safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, CargoAi takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Service, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
You play an important role in making sure that your information remains safe and secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your cargoAi account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will assume you have authorized the instructions
Children Under the Age Of 13
CargoAi's Services are not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletters, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings by logging into your account and modifying your preferences. You will also have the opportunity to "opt-out" of commercial e-mail from the applicable CargoAi service by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. CargoAi will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Site and the services should be directed to us at email@example.com
or by post to: CargoAi Pte Ltd, 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139951.