CargoAi features the air cargo capacity statistics report for June 2023 extracted from the business intelligence tool CargoINTEL using the real-time facts and figures. Read on for the most significant insights and analysis of inter-regional and intra-regional capacity in comparison to the previous month.
- The global air cargo capacity has been strengthening month-on-month since March 2023, surpassing the pre-COVID levels.
- The overall global outbound capacity indexed by CargoINTEL in June at 3013K MT has increased by 4% as compared to 2903K MT in May. The overall global intra-regional capacity rose up to 5913K MT, a double-digit surge by 12% from 5299K MT in May.
- While the worldwide outbound freighter capacity dropped by 2% month-on-month at 1260K MT, the outbound belly capacity has soared up by 9% to 1753K MT in June from 1611K MT in May.
- Contrastingly, the worldwide intra-regional belly capacity has remarkably increased by 15% to 3744K MT in June as compared to 3495K MT in May; and the freighter capacity within the regions has fairly remained equipoised since the beginning of Q2 of 2023, indexed at 1626K MT in June.
- The seasonal trend of decreasing global tonnages towards the end of second quarter of the year has stereotyped this year from most regions; and a consequent decreased of 2% month-on-month has been reported in June.
- On a year-on-year perspective, the global capacity has risen up by 11% as compared to June 2022.