CargoAi features the air cargo capacity statistics report for December 2022 extracted from the business intelligence tool CargoINTEL using the real-time facts and figures. Read on for the most significant insights and analysis of inter-regional and intra-regional capacity in comparison to the previous month.
- The trend of steeply declining capacity that started in November 2022 has protracted further in December 2022. The strong dip in global capacity and volumes during the holiday season in December is stereotypical.
- The global inter-regional capacity has seen an acute MoM reduction of 25%, from 2711K MT in November 2022 to 2041K MT in December 2022.
- The worldwide indexed belly capacity has reduced by 21% from 1390K MT in November to 1093 K MT December which can be attributed to the flight cancellations from Europe and US due to winter season and the year-end vacation in most parts of the world.
- The rampant decrease in the global freighter capacity by 28% from 1320K MT in November to 949 K MT in December corresponds to the double-digit MoM decline in worldwide tonnages by 10% in December due to severe drop in demand.
- As per WorldACD, the last week of December 2022 saw a major slump of 27% in flown tonnages as compared to the previous week. Also a YoY review shows a strong downfall of 22% in the global chargeable weight in December 2022 as compared to the same period in 2021.