CargoAi features the air cargo capacity statistics report for April 2023 extracted from the business intelligence tool CargoINTEL using the real-time facts and figures. Read on for the most significant insights and analysis of inter-regional and intra-regional capacity in comparison to the previous month.
- CargoINTEL has observed a consistency and stability in global capacity in April 2023 level pegging with that of March 2023, flagging a constructive start to Q2 of 2023 in terms of supply.
- The overall global capacity registered in April by CargoINTEL is 2949K MT, 1% growth month-on-month as compared to 2906K MT in March.
- There is no significant change recorded in the global belly capacity, which looms around 1586K MT both in April and March. This indicates the steadiness of the scheduled operation of flights worldwide in the summer schedule.
- The overall global freighter capacity has marginally increased in April by 3% to 1363K MT from 1320K MT in March.
- The most notable evolution in capacity is observed between Europe and North America regions with double digit growth, owing to the normalizing flight schedules after a frenzied few months of flight delays and cancellations.
- The stability in capacity resonates to the steadying global tonnages in April, as reiterated by WorldACD. However, a year-on-year comparison shows a lag by 10%.